Pages

Friday 4 May 2012

Protein Balls

I discovered these "Protein Balls", as I call them, on Pinterest in my quest for clean eating snacks. These are now my go to snack of choice or breakfast on busy mornings.


Pinned Image

No-Bake Energy Bites 
(makes 18-20 bites)

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
I keep mine in the freezer for a couple of weeks.

I mix it up each time......never the same balls twice ;)

Try dried cranberries, chopped nuts, chia seeds, dark chocolate, protein powder.........you get the idea! The website below has more ideas and explains it well.
ENJOY!!!

Link to the original site I found this recipe on/ www.smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment